Probably, like most moms, you keep your cleaning supplies either way up out of reach of little hands, or in a locked cupboard under the sink. With the labels warning us to "Keep Away from Children" and to "Call Poison Control Immediately if Ingested", it's no wonder these chemical cleaners have to be handled so cautiously . The interesting thing is that once a week or so, you are probably taking those hazardous chemicals and spraying them all over your refrigerator, sinks, counters, tubs, toilets and floors. The result is a usually a feeling of, "Ahhh, a clean house." Windows are so clear you have to get up close to realize there's actually glass there; sinks and countertops sparkle; and floors shine. As moms, we feel like we are taking good care of our families by getting rid of all the dirt and those nasty germs.
Read more: How Toxic Is Your Spring Cleaning?